Calvary Pentecostal Church was originated in 1959 under the leadership and guidance of the late Bishop Willie G. Dukes. Calvary formally known as " Campbelltown" started its ministry on the old grounds of Hammonds Camp before relocating to Campbelltown, Maryland. This was a small but very powerful beginning.
The late Bishop Dukes prophesied to the church that the Lord would give them a church on Highway 113. Though the members of the church gave respect to the prophecy, they also speculated the outcome. Bishop Dukes negotiated with long time friend the late Ernest Dennis and purchased 37 acres of land on highway 113 for an unbelievable amount.
Within two and a half years of purchasing the land, in 1988 Calvary broke grounds and began to build its Sanctuary. The birth of the new Calvary Pentecostal Church was now established. The new sanctuary was paid in full a few years thereafter. A mortgage burning ceremony was held in October of 2003 celebrating a miraculous victory and blessing.
The Calvary Pentecostal movement extended over the years building a reformation of several additional churches recognized in Virginia, Delaware, and Philadelphia. One of the first members of this ministry Mother EllenRayne and the oldest deacon, Deacon Leroy Matthews, Sr. yet attends and serves faithfully within the church.
Bishop Harold E. Hazzard was appointed the office of Bishop, after the passing of our founder Bishop Willie G. Dukes, in 1997 and Eldress Rosie M. Hall became the Senior Pastor of the local headquarters church. April 3, 2000, Bishop Harold married Missionary Tamara Jackson, the two now have three sons, Ronnie, Harold, Jr. and Myles our first family resides in Lincoln, Delaware. Bishop Hazzard also Pastors New Life Fellowship Ministries in Milford, Delaware.
Calvary is a non-profit organization which truly believes in giving God what's due HIM! Our church motto is based on Galatians 6:9 " And Let Us Not Be Weary In Doing Well; For In Due Season, We Shall Reap If We Faint Not.